Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

"the cry of an disobedient man" (a psalm of lament)



"the cry of an disobedient man"
-by daniel curran

So, if to obey the law of love,
Is better than to make a sacrifice,
Then why did I offer myself on ministry's alter,
Rather than heeding love’s law in my own home?

Renew an obedient heart in me,
One my wife, my daughters, my son will see.
Lord have mercy; prior self-efforts have been foiled,
Restore the all years fighting and arguing have spoiled.

Heal my wounded heart.
Arrest my wounding tongue.
Restore a right spirit so deep within me,
I will live love in a way that all my kids will see.

Grant me words that thrill their mother’s heart;
Agapao overflowing from a Holy fresh start.
Fill us with your Spirit and we will all be free, 
Radiations of the Son, giving You greater glory.







No comments: